|Ronald Shaich, Panera Bread chairman|
Panera Bread posted better-than-expected quarterly earnings as its profit and revenue surged, but Shaich said the company was not immune to commodity cost increases.
Panera instituted some modest price increases over the last few years to cover rising input costs. Shaich said the company rolled out price increases on select products in the first quarter last year after testing those increases in the prior October and November.Shaich said Panera experienced higher costs in dairy and wheat, as well as significantly higher costs in coffee. He said Panera has historically been able to pass on underlying inflation costs to consumers. Food makes up about a third of the company's overall costs, he added.
|Mosaic CFO Larry Stranghoener|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV