Ambac Reorg Hits Court Snag: Report
The suit, filed on behalf of the Internal Revenue Service, seeks to block a state court's restructuring plan that could stop the IRS from collecting $700 million in taxes, according to a Reuters report.
Ambac Financial Group received approval in January to restructure its insurance unit -- Ambac Assurance Corp. -- a decision that would allow monoline to write new business.
The U.S. government attempted to dissolve the injunction in January and move the Ambac Assurance case to a federal court.--Written by Maria Woehr in New York.
To contact the writer of this article, click here: Maria Woehr. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/newsgirlmw. To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV