American Learning Corporation Reports Third Quarter Results
American Learning Corporation (the “Company”) (NASDAQ:ALRN) announced that the Company had achieved increases in revenues and decreases in its net losses for the three and nine months ended December 31, 2010 compared to the prior year’s comparable periods.
For the quarterly period ended December 31, 2010, the Company reported revenues of $1,941,029 and a net loss of $175,247 ($.04 net loss per share). By comparison, the Company had revenues of $1,734,379 and a net loss of $266,512 ($.06 net loss per share) for the three months ended December 31, 2009.
During the three and nine month periods ended December 31, 2010, revenues increased approximately 12% and 15%, respectively, over the comparable periods in the prior fiscal year as a result of increases in preschool programs and school staffing services.
|Three Months Ended||Nine Months Ended|
|Net loss per share - basic and diluted||$||(0.04||)||$||(0.06||)||$||(0.12||)||$||(0.14||)|
|Weighted average shares –|
|basic and diluted||4,754,900||4,754,900||4,754,900||4,754,900|
Gary Gelman, the Company’s Chairman of the Board, stated that he is very pleased with the continued organic growth experienced in the Company’s services. He also stated that the Company has now initiated an aggressive search for accretive acquisition candidates to grow and maximize shareholder value.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV