On February 8, 2011, the board of directors of Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc. (NYSE:HE) maintained the regular quarterly cash dividend of 31 cents per share, payable March 10, 2011, to shareholders of record at the close of business on February 22, 2011 (ex-dividend date is February 17, 2011). The dividend is equivalent to an annual rate of $1.24 per share.
Dividends have been paid continuously since 1901. At the indicated annual dividend rate and the closing share price on February 10, 2011 of $25.09, HEI’s yield is 4.9%.
In addition, HEI’s 28 th annual meeting of shareholders has been scheduled for Tuesday, May 10, 2011, at 9:30 a.m., in Room 805, American Savings Bank Tower 8 th Floor, 1001 Bishop Street, Honolulu, Hawaii. Shareholders of record at the close of business on March 2, 2011, will be entitled to vote.
HEI supplies power to over 400,000 customers or 95% of the Hawaii market through its electric utilities, Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc., Hawaii Electric Light Company, Inc. and Maui Electric Company, Limited, and provides a wide array of banking and other financial services to consumers and businesses through American Savings Bank, F.S.B., one of Hawaii’s largest financial institutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV