On February 8, 2011, the board of directors of Hawaiian Electric Industries, Inc. (NYSE:HE) maintained the regular quarterly cash dividend of 31 cents per share, payable March 10, 2011, to shareholders of record at the close of business on February 22, 2011 (ex-dividend date is February 17, 2011). The dividend is equivalent to an annual rate of $1.24 per share.
Dividends have been paid continuously since 1901. At the indicated annual dividend rate and the closing share price on February 10, 2011 of $25.09, HEI’s yield is 4.9%.
In addition, HEI’s 28 th annual meeting of shareholders has been scheduled for Tuesday, May 10, 2011, at 9:30 a.m., in Room 805, American Savings Bank Tower 8 th Floor, 1001 Bishop Street, Honolulu, Hawaii. Shareholders of record at the close of business on March 2, 2011, will be entitled to vote.
HEI supplies power to over 400,000 customers or 95% of the Hawaii market
through its electric utilities, Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc., Hawaii
Electric Light Company, Inc. and Maui Electric Company, Limited, and
provides a wide array of banking and other financial services to
consumers and businesses through American Savings Bank, F.S.B., one of
Hawaii’s largest financial institutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV