Noninterest expense (pretax) for the fourth quarter of 2010 was $35.0 million, the lowest level since the start of the PIP and down from $41.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2009 and $36.3 million in the third quarter of 2010.
The bank remains strongly capitalized with a Tier 1 leverage ratio of 9.2% and total risk-based capital ratio of 13.9% as of the end of the fourth quarter of 2010.
UTILITY WELL POSITIONED TO EXECUTE CLEAN ENERGY STRATEGY
Full Year Results:Utility net income was $76.6 million in 2010 compared to $79.4 million in 2009. The $2.8 million net income decline resulted primarily from (on an after-tax basis):
- Approximately $6 million lower kilowatthour sales;
- $23 million higher operations and maintenance (O&M) expenses 1; and
- $11 million higher financing costs primarily due to generating units put into service in the latter part of 2009.
- $26 million of rate relief granted in our 2009 Oahu and 2010 Maui rate cases;
- Tax settlement items, which net to $6 million; and
- $5 million lower fuel costs related to improved system-wide generating unit efficiencies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV