Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. Announces 4th Quarter And Full Year 2010 Earnings
EAST SYRACUSE, N.Y., Feb. 10, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Beacon Federal Bancorp, Inc. (the "Company") (Nasdaq:BFED), the holding company for Beacon Federal (the "Bank"), announced today net income for the quarter ended December 31, 2010 increased 44% to $1.4 million, or $0.23 per basic and diluted share, from $994,000, or $0.16 per basic and diluted share for the quarter ended December 31, 2009.
For the year ended December 31, 2010, net income increased 52% to $5.4 million, or $0.88 per basic and diluted share, compared to net income of $3.5 million, or $0.54 per basic and diluted share, for the year ended December 31, 2009.
Ross J. Prossner, President and CEO of the Company said, "I am pleased to report that our strong fourth quarter performance culminated with Beacon Federal achieving record high annual earnings for our shareholders. Our earnings per share have grown 63% to $0.88 for the year, while our book value per share has increased 10% to $17.05. We've raised our net interest margin 24 basis points throughout the year due to management of the cost of funds to its lowest historical level for the Bank."The financial highlights for the quarter ended December 31, 2010 were as follows:
- Net income increased 44.1% to $1.4 million from the same period a year ago.
- Net interest income grew by 4.0%, to $7.9 million, compared to $7.6 million for the same period a year ago.
- Net interest margin increased to 3.09%, compared to 2.89% for the quarter ended December 31, 2009.
- Cost of funds decreased 47 basis points to 2.32%, compared to 2.79% for the same period a year ago.
- Book value per share grew by 10.1% to $17.05 at December 31, 2010, compared to $15.48 at December 31, 2009.
- Net loan charge-offs were $6.3 million, compared to $1.6 million for the same period a year ago.
- On December 23, 2010, a quarterly cash dividend was paid of $0.05 per common share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV