The statements in this release relating to matters that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements that represent management's beliefs and assumptions based on currently available information. Although Kronos Worldwide believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, it cannot give any assurances that these expectations will prove to be correct. Such statements by their nature involve substantial risks and uncertainties that could significantly impact expected results, and actual future results could differ materially from those described in such forward-looking statements. While it is not possible to identify all factors, the Company continues to face many risks and uncertainties. The factors that could cause actual future results to differ materially include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Future supply and demand for our products;
- The extent of the dependence of certain of our businesses on certain market sectors;
- The cyclicality of our businesses;
- Customer inventory levels (such as the extent to which our customers may, from time to time, accelerate purchases of TiO2 in advance of anticipated price increases or defer purchases of TiO2 in advance of anticipated price decreases);
- Changes in raw material and other operating costs (such as energy costs);
- General global economic and political conditions (such as changes in the level of gross domestic product in various regions of the world and the impact of such changes on demand for TiO2);
- Competitive products and substitute products;
- Customer and competitor strategies;
- Potential consolidation or solvency of our competitors;
- The impact of pricing and production decisions;
- Competitive technology positions;
- Possible disruption of our business or increases in the cost of doing business resulting from terrorist activities or global conflicts;
- The introduction of trade barriers;
- Fluctuations in currency exchange rates (such as changes in the exchange rate between the U.S. dollar and each of the euro, the Norwegian krone and the Canadian dollar);
- Operating interruptions (including, but not limited to, labor disputes, leaks, natural disasters, fires, explosions, unscheduled or unplanned downtime and transportation interruptions);
- The timing and amounts of insurance recoveries;
- Our ability to renew or refinance credit facilities;
- Our ability to maintain sufficient liquidity;
- The ultimate outcome of income tax audits, tax settlement initiatives or other tax matters;
- Our ability to utilize income tax attributes, the benefits of which have been recognized under the more-likely-than-not recognition criteria;
- Environmental matters (such as those requiring compliance with emission and discharge standards for existing and new facilities);
- Government laws and regulations and possible changes therein;
- The ultimate resolution of pending litigation; and
- Possible future litigation.
Should one or more of these risks materialize (or the consequences of such a development worsen), or should the underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from those forecasted or expected. Kronos Worldwide disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement whether as a result of changes in information, future events or otherwise.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.