NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Down in the trenches, small-business hiring is increasingly positive.
"We see employers of all sizes gearing up their recruiting efforts," says Neil Costa, founder of HireClix, a recruitment marketing firm that focuses on small and medium-sized businesses.
Employers in sectors including information technology, defense contracting, software development, medical device companies, health care, retail and the media have shown interest in bringing on employees, Costa says."People are clearly looking for ways to innovate and connect with the right candidates," Costa says. "This is a big change from what we saw at the tail end of last year. People were exploring new recruitment marketing options and gathering information, but there seems to be a greater sense of urgency." Over the past week, a swath of small business-specific surveys were released, each denoting the pulse of this large segment. Some surveys were more positive on the state of hiring within small-business sectors, others a bit more pessimistic. According to the most recent Wells Fargo/Gallup Small Business Index conducted from Jan. 13-19 and published Wednesday, small-business owners showed growing confidence in the economic recovery.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV