Evans Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company” or “Evans”) (NYSE Amex: EVBN), a community financial services company serving Western New York since 1920, today reported its results of operations for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2010.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2010 FOURTH QUARTER AND YEAR-END
- Net income increased to $4.8 million, or $1.34 per diluted share, in 2010, from $0.7 million, or $0.25 per diluted share, in 2009.
- Return on average equity improved to 8.35% in 2010 compared with 1.57% in 2009.
- Core loans (defined as total loans and leases less direct financing leases) increased 5.5% in the fourth quarter of 2010, or 22.0% annualized, to $512.5 million.
- Total deposits grew 9.0% to $544.5 million in 2010 driven by continued growth in total checking and savings deposits, which increased $11.3 million, or 2.9%, during the fourth quarter and $45.6 million, or 12.8%, for the year.
- Provision for loan and lease losses of $1.4 million in the 2010 fourth quarter included $0.4 million for the leasing portfolio which continues to wind down after the Company exited the business in 2009.
- Strong capital position with Total Risk-Based Capital ratio of 14.31% at December 31, 2010, compared with 11.17% at December 31, 2009.
The Company had net income of $0.5 million, or $0.12 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2010, a decrease from net income of $1.4 million, or $0.49 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2009. The change in net income reflects a provision for loan and lease losses of $1.4 million in the fourth quarter of 2010, which was $0.5 million higher than the fourth quarter of 2009. The 2010 fourth quarter included a $0.4 million provision for the Company’s leasing portfolio, compared with zero provision for the leasing portfolio in last year’s fourth quarter. Last year’s fourth-quarter provision did not have any amount included for the leasing portfolio. The return on average equity was 3.00% for the fourth quarter of 2010, compared with 11.93% in the fourth quarter of 2009.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV