Blockbuster Up For Sale?
The Wall Street Journal said Thursday the flailing movie retail chain is preparing to put itself on the block after creditors disagreed on giving it more money to help it exit bankruptcy protection.
Blockbuster is now seeking buyers rather than reorganization and could ask the judge to approve bidding procedures as soon as next week, the Journal said citing sources familiar with the matter.
Creditors such as Carl Icahn and a consortium led by Monarch Alternative Capital, could be potential bidders, according to the report, which estimated Blockbuster could garner bids as high as $300 million.--Written by Jeanine Poggi in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jeanine Poggi. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jpoggi. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV