Glen Burnie Bancorp (NASDAQ: GLBZ), parent company of The Bank of Glen Burnie ®, today reported fourth quarter and year end earnings for 2010.
For the quarter ended December 31, 2010, the company realized net earnings of $655,000 or $0.24 per basic and diluted earnings per share as compared to a net loss of $210,000 or $0.08 basic and diluted loss per share for the same period in 2009. Included in the 2009 results are higher provisions for loan loss reserve while the 2010 results include improved net interest income. Net interest income after provisions for credit losses for the fourth quarter of 2010 was $3,394,000 compared to $1,356,000 for the same three-month period in 2009.
Net income for the year ended December 31, 2010 was $2,064,785 or $0.76 per basic and diluted earnings per share as compared to net income of $1,262,462 or $0.46 per basic and diluted earnings per share in 2009. Net interest income after provisions for credit losses for the year ended December 31, 2010 was $11,830,012 as compared to $9,658,811 in 2009. Assets as of December 31, 2010 were $347,067,276 as compared to $353,396,697 as of December 31, 2009.
2010 Performance Highlights:
- 63.5% increase in net income
- 22.5% increase in net interest income after provisions for credit losses
- 26.0% decrease in long term borrowings
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV