NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Trina Solar (TSL), LDK Solar (LDK), Canadian Solar (CSIQ) and JA Solar Holdings (JASO) are among 11 solar stocks that are seen generating handsome returns to investors, riding on the tidal wave of strong growth for solar energy.
Germany, traditionally the world's largest solar market and consumer of solar products, has been more measured with incentives for the solar sector. However, German government officials and industry groups are reaching an agreement over solar-power subsidy cuts for 2011. Germany, which consumed almost half of the world's solar panels in 2010, signals optimism for solar companies and market prospects. Hinging on the volume of new solar power capacity additions, the government may cut incentives by almost 12%, effective July 2011. However, if installations exceed 7.5 gigawatts, subsidy cuts may reach almost 15%.
Analysts at Saxo Capital Markets foresee solar industry revenue rising 22.5% in 2011, with profits growing at 28.7%. Analysts believe that with a 2011 forward P/E of 7.5, the solar industry is a safer bet than the wind sector, which has a forward P/E of 15. Further, Saxo Capital adds that the extended tax grant program (1603) in the U.S. will cushion solar demand in 2011 and 2012.
On average, analysts polled by Bloomberg expect these stocks to up to 62% in the upcoming 12 months. Analysts favor these stocks, citing strong solar sector outlook and individual company performances.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV