Tekelec Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (TKLC)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tekelec (Nasdaq:TKLC) hit a new 52-week low Thursday as it traded at $10.49 compared with its previous 52-Week low of $10.75. Tekelec is changing hands at $10.57 with 139,827 shares traded as of 9:32 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 741,900 shares over the past 30 days. Tekelec has a market cap of $825.8 million and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are down 1.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Tekelec engages in the design, development, manufacture, marketing, sale, and support of telecommunications products and services. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.5, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 21.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 23.5. TheStreet Ratings rates Tekelec as hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. You can view the full Tekelec Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV