To contextualize that price, Netflix, which has an admittedly ample balance sheet, still carried just $350 million of cash and equivalents at fourth quarter's end and $236 million of debt. That cash could easily be depleted in order to ink just one or two new deals for online content. Morningstar forecasts 18% average annual growth over the next five years and a subscriber base of 40 million for Netflix by 2015. Still, it believes the operating margin will stagnate, or perhaps, decline from just over 13% and sees heightened competition.
Morningstar's fair-value estimate, at $110, suggests that Netflix's stock could drop 51%. It awards Netflix a one-star rating out of a possible five and a "high uncertainty" ranking. Buyers, beware.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV