MURRAY HILL, N.J., Feb. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Glowpoint, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: GLOWD), a leading global provider of cloud-based managed services for telepresence, video conferencing and collaboration, today announced the launch of the Virtual Video Room ("VVR"), a cloud-based video conferencing service that offers a secure, dial-in "meet me" room for ad-hoc multi-point, business-to-business conferencing.
The VVR service is a core component of Glowpoint's Open Video™ cloud-based, shared infrastructure model that offers conferencing scalability and security for large enterprises and small and medium sized businesses around the world. VVR offers reservation-free, multi-point calling and delivers B2B meeting capabilities to SIP, H.323 and ISDN-based video-as well as audio-only-participants without having to re-configure customer-owned MCUs, without having to establish carrier interconnects for private MPLS networks, and without customers having to invest in additional MCU and infrastructure technology.
VVR can be accessed directly regardless of the network the video user is on or the video equipment they are using, and supports telepresence, video room systems and desktop video services. Similar to 800-audio conferencing services, VVR supports toll-free and URI dialing with host and participant pin codes for self-service, multi-party video conferencing for internal and external participants.
Polycom, Inc., Vice President, Service Provider, Tony Scarfo said: "Customers are seeking easy-to-use, multi-point solutions on different video platforms and we are pleased that Glowpoint has incorporated the Polycom UC Intelligent Core as part of its VVR solution. Cloud-based architecture and services, such as VVR, are part of the natural evolution for the interoperability of video and immersive telepresence and will drive the growth of B2B applications.""We applaud Glowpoint's Open Video strategy to drive the interoperability of both immersive and personal telepresence video communications. We believe Glowpoint's VVR service will provide significant value to the telecommunications service provider market, and ultimately to enterprises thanks to its easy-to-access, inter-business video calling capabilities," added Ken Rokoff, VP, business development, BroadSoft, Inc. VVR Features
- Participant Code - unique code that denotes a meeting room and is distributed to invited participants
- Secure Host Pin Code - 4-digit code that is randomly generated for each meeting and is associated with the corresponding participant Code
- URI Dial - URI dial string (@ovcloud.com) provides the ability for end-users to distribute to participants to enter the conference via IP connections
- ISDN Call-in - dial-in number for ISDN participants who can also join the conference call
- Self-Certification - dedicated dial-in VVR code enables end-users to perform self certification in order to test their video or audio equipment and make sure that it is fully compatible before scheduling calls
- Compatibility - with virtually all standards and technology including Polycom and Cisco
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV