SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Feb. 10, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OXiGENE, Inc. (Nasdaq:OXGN), a clinical-stage, biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapeutics to treat cancer and eye diseases, today announced an update on three near-term corporate events.
- The board of directors has voted unanimously to enact a reverse stock split with a 20:1 ratio, following authorization of the reverse split by a shareholder vote on December 21, 2010. The reverse split will be effective as of February 23, 2011.
- OXiGENE anticipates receiving a ruling from NASDAQ before the end of February on the Company's requests for an exception through June 13, 2011 to regain compliance with NASDAQ's listing standards and transfer the listing of its common stock to the Nasdaq Capital Market. The Company believes that the reverse stock split will represent a positive contributing factor in NASDAQ's consideration.
- The Company also announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted OXiGENE's request for a meeting to discuss the results of the FACT study of ZYBRESTAT as a potential treatment for anaplastic thyroid cancer. The meeting date has been set for March 16, 2011.
"We believe that the events reported today, as well as our recently announced warrant exchange, further support our overall goal of developing effective solutions to treat cancer and eye diseases," said OXiGENE Chief Executive Officer Peter J. Langecker, M.D., Ph.D. "We look forward to providing additional updates as key events unfold."
OXiGENE expects to provide additional updates on these and other corporate activities in its fourth quarter and full year 2010 financial results press release and on its conference call, the date of which will be announced shortly.About OXiGENE OXiGENE is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel therapeutics to treat cancer and eye diseases. The Company's major focus is developing vascular disrupting agents that selectively disrupt abnormal blood vessels associated with solid tumor progression and visual impairment. OXiGENE is dedicated to leveraging its intellectual property and therapeutic development expertise to bring life-extending and life-enhancing medicines to patients.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV