WILTON, Conn., Feb. 10, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Drinks Americas Holdings, Ltd. (OTCBB:DKAM) announced today that it has completed the first phase of its launch of Rheingold Beer, New York's Beer since 1883. Since September, the Company has launched the beer into the Metro New York market, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Georgia and Michigan. In early spring, the Company will commence the next phase of its expansion into Massachusetts and Florida.
The Company now plans to focus on the consumer promotion and brand activation programs it has developed to grow Rheingold in each of these markets. Programs include an aggressive sampling and tasting program, glassware and account signage. Upon completion of the last two markets, Rheingold Beer will be distributed in 31% of the national beer market.
Patrick Kenny, the Company's CEO said, "Our Rheingold national expansion is going according to plan. We want to be sure to market and promote the brand capitalizing on what seems to be the fond memory beer consumers have about Rheingold. Volume and revenue are growing as we expand and add bottles and a range of pack sizes. The brand will be well positioned as we enter the beer drinking warmer seasons."To date, over the first four months of Rheingold business, the Company has shipped approximately $200,000 of Rheingold Beer in a combination of more than 21,000 can and bottle packs. The Company expects to launch Rheingold in kegs in mid to late 2011. Extensive information can be found about Rheingold Beer at www.rheingoldbrewingcompany.com . A photo accompanying this release can be found at: https://www.issuerdirect.com/corporate/mediaroom/69109 . About Drinks Americas Drinks Americas develops, owns, markets, and nationally distributes alcoholic premium beverages including Willie Nelson's Old Whiskey River Bourbon, Olifant Vodka, Aguila Tequila and Rheingold Beer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV