TOKYO, Feb. 10, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Internet Initiative Japan Inc. ("IIJ") (Nasdaq:IIJI) (TSE:3774) today announced its consolidated financial results for the nine months ended December 31, 2010 (from April 1 to December 31, 2010). 1
Highlights of Financial Results for the Nine Months Ended Dec 2010
- Revenues were JPY56,797 million ($695.4 million), up 17.6% YoY. Outsourcing services steadily grew and there were 4 months contribution from IIJ Global Solutions Inc. ("IIJ-GS").
- Operating income was JPY2,430 million ($29.8 million), up 21.1% YoY. Gross margin of network services increased and operating loss related to ATM operation business decreased.
- Net income attributable to IIJ was JPY1,997 million ($24.5 million), up 76.2% YoY.
- FY2010 year-end dividend forecast was revised upward from JPY1,250 to JPY1,500 per share. FY2010 full-year dividend forecast will be JPY2,750, up JPY500 YoY. 2
- Full-year financial targets remain unchanged.
1 Unless otherwise stated, all financial figures discussed in this announcement are prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP. All financial figures are unaudited and consolidated. The translation of Japanese yen into U.S. dollars is solely for the convenience of readers outside of Japan. The rate used for the translation was JPY81.67 per US$1.00, which was the noon buying rate on December 31, 2010.2 IIJ's 1 common stock is equivalent to 400 ADSs Overview of FY2010 Nine Months Financial Results and Business Outlook "With the cloud computing service performing as a door opener to new clients, despite the continued weakness in Japanese economy and corporate spending on network systems, our outsourcing services continued to grow. 4 months additional revenue from IIJ-GS which we acquired from AT&T Japan on September 1, 2010 also contributed to revenue and income growth," said Koichi Suzuki, President and CEO of IIJ. "Our new cloud computing service is growing at a much faster speed than we expected. It is one of our fastest growing service. As of December 2010, we are servicing over 300 cloud computing projects to both clients we had prior contact with and to those who are new to us and there are over 1,000 prospected cloud computing projects," continued Suzuki.