California First National Bancorp Stock Downgraded By TheStreet Ratings (CFNB)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- California First National Bancorp (Nasdaq:CFNB) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. California First National Bancorp operates as the holding company for California First Leasing Corp. and California First National Bank that engage in leasing and banking activities in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.4, equal to the average banking industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 23.4. California First has a market cap of $151.1 million and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock last closed at $14.72 and the average volume of shares traded for California First has been 5,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Shares are up 1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV