- Gross bookings (1) for Air ticketing and Hotels and packages combined increased by $87.2 million to $210.6 million, representing growth of 70.7% year over year.
- Number of Transactions for Air ticketing and Hotels and packages combined increased by 58.6% year over year.
- Revenue increased by 56.7% year over year to $35.8 million. Revenue less service cost (2) increased by $6.4 million to $17.3 million, representing a growth of 59.2% year over year.
- Net revenue margin (3) for Air ticketing and Hotels and packages combined remained steady at 7.8%.
- Results from operating activities improved to $1.4 million, an increase of $0.8 million from the prior year's fiscal third quarter. Adjusted operating profit (4) improved to $1.6 million versus $0.7 million in the prior year's fiscal third quarter.
- Profit for the period was $1.6 million, versus $0.6 million in the prior year's fiscal third quarter. Adjusted net income (5) was $1.8 million, representing an increase of $1.0 million from the prior year's fiscal third quarter.
|(in thousands except EPS)||3 Months Ended December 31, 2009||3 Months Ended December 31, 2010||YoY Change|
|Financial Summary as per IFRS|
|Revenue Less Service Costs (2)||$10,853.7||$17,281.4||59.2%|
|Hotels & Packages||$2,306.6||$2,949.6||27.9%|
|Results from Operating Activities||$654.8||$1,443.3||120.4%|
|Adjusted Operating Profit (4)||$672.9||$1,586.5||135.8%|
|Income for the period||$635.4||$1,628.1||156.3%|
|Adjusted Net Income (5)||$763.6||$1,771.4||132.0%|
|Diluted Earnings per share||$0.02||$0.04|
|Adjusted Diluted Earnings per share (5)||$0.02||$0.05|
|Hotels & Packages||$16,440.8||$27,214.8||65.5%|
|Number of Transactions|
|Hotels & Packages||33.3||50.7||52.2%|
|(1) Represent the total amount paid by our customers for the travel services and products booked through us, including taxes, fees and other charges, and are net of cancellations and refunds.|
|(2) Represents IFRS revenue after deducting service costs.|
|(3) Revenue less service cost as a percentage of gross bookings.|
|(4) Results from operating activities excluding employee share-based compensation costs.|
|(5) Profit for the period excluding employee share-based compensation costs, one time IPO costs relating to listing of existing shares, interest expense on the liability portion of preference shares and changes in the fair market value of embedded derivatives in the preference shares.|
|Please see "About Non-IFRS Financial Measures" included within this release to understand the importance of the financial measures set forth in notes (2) to (5) above. Reconciliations of non-IFRS financial measures to IFRS operating results are included at the end of this release.|