- Gross bookings (1) for Air ticketing and Hotels and packages combined increased by $87.2 million to $210.6 million, representing growth of 70.7% year over year.
- Number of Transactions for Air ticketing and Hotels and packages combined increased by 58.6% year over year.
- Revenue increased by 56.7% year over year to $35.8 million. Revenue less service cost (2) increased by $6.4 million to $17.3 million, representing a growth of 59.2% year over year.
- Net revenue margin (3) for Air ticketing and Hotels and packages combined remained steady at 7.8%.
- Results from operating activities improved to $1.4 million, an increase of $0.8 million from the prior year's fiscal third quarter. Adjusted operating profit (4) improved to $1.6 million versus $0.7 million in the prior year's fiscal third quarter.
- Profit for the period was $1.6 million, versus $0.6 million in the prior year's fiscal third quarter. Adjusted net income (5) was $1.8 million, representing an increase of $1.0 million from the prior year's fiscal third quarter.
GURGAON, India, Feb. 9, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MakeMyTrip Limited (Nasdaq:MMYT), India's leading online travel company, today announced its unaudited financial and operating results for its third fiscal quarter ended December 31, 2010. "Our strong financial performance reflects the robust growth in air and holiday travel during the seasonally strong quarter," said Deep Kalra, Chairman and CEO of MakeMyTrip. "MakeMyTrip was able to deliver value to our customers as they utilized our website and services to plan and book winter holiday journeys for Diwali, Christmas and the New Year."
|(in thousands except EPS)||3 Months Ended December 31, 2009||3 Months Ended December 31, 2010||YoY Change|
|Financial Summary as per IFRS|
|Revenue Less Service Costs (2)||$10,853.7||$17,281.4||59.2%|
|Hotels & Packages||$2,306.6||$2,949.6||27.9%|
|Results from Operating Activities||$654.8||$1,443.3||120.4%|
|Adjusted Operating Profit (4)||$672.9||$1,586.5||135.8%|
|Income for the period||$635.4||$1,628.1||156.3%|
|Adjusted Net Income (5)||$763.6||$1,771.4||132.0%|
|Diluted Earnings per share||$0.02||$0.04|
|Adjusted Diluted Earnings per share (5)||$0.02||$0.05|
|Hotels & Packages||$16,440.8||$27,214.8||65.5%|
|Number of Transactions|
|Hotels & Packages||33.3||50.7||52.2%|
|(1) Represent the total amount paid by our customers for the travel services and products booked through us, including taxes, fees and other charges, and are net of cancellations and refunds.|
|(2) Represents IFRS revenue after deducting service costs.|
|(3) Revenue less service cost as a percentage of gross bookings.|
|(4) Results from operating activities excluding employee share-based compensation costs.|
|(5) Profit for the period excluding employee share-based compensation costs, one time IPO costs relating to listing of existing shares, interest expense on the liability portion of preference shares and changes in the fair market value of embedded derivatives in the preference shares.|
|Please see "About Non-IFRS Financial Measures" included within this release to understand the importance of the financial measures set forth in notes (2) to (5) above. Reconciliations of non-IFRS financial measures to IFRS operating results are included at the end of this release.|
Recent DevelopmentsAcquisition of majority stake in Luxury Tours & Travel Pte Limited On February 9, 2011, MakeMyTrip entered into a Share Purchase Agreement (SPA) with Luxury Tours & Travel Pte Limited (LTT) and its existing shareholders pursuant to which, MakeMyTrip Limited will purchase ordinary shares from the existing shareholders of LTT. The first closing date of the sale and purchase is expected to occur in April 2011, subject to receipt of necessary approvals and other customary closing conditions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV