THE COLONY, Texas, Feb. 9, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PIZZA INN, INC. (Nasdaq:PZZI) today reported net income of $0.4 million, or $0.05 per share, for the fiscal quarter ended December 26, 2010, versus net income of $0.4 million, or $0.05 per share, for the same quarter of the prior fiscal year on total revenue of $10.4 million for each of the fiscal quarters ended December 26, 2010 and December 27, 2009.
For the six months ended December 26, 2010, Company revenues were $21.0 million compared to $20.4 million for the same period in the prior fiscal year. Net income for the six months ended December 26, 2010 was $0.5 million, or $0.06 per share, compared to $0.8 million, or $0.09 per share, for the same period in the prior fiscal year. The decline in net income is primarily attributable to $0.3 million of depreciation expense associated with the closure of a company store opened prior to the rollout of the new buffet prototype.
Highlights for the second quarter of fiscal year 2011 included:
- Sales from Company-owned restaurants increased 20%, or $0.2 million, in the second quarter of fiscal 2011 compared to the same quarter of the prior fiscal year, primarily due to the opening of a new buffet location in Lewisville, Texas in December, 2010 and the acquisition of a delivery carryout location from a franchisee in September, 2010. The new buffet restaurant was the third such Company-owned location opened since September, 2009.
- Comparable domestic buffet restaurant sales decreased 2.2% for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 compared to the same quarter of the prior fiscal year.
- Chain-wide comparable domestic restaurant sales decreased 2.6% for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 compared to the same quarter of the prior fiscal year.
- The 0% First Year Royalty incentive program has resulted in seven buffet openings in the last six fiscal quarters, with an eighth buffet unit opened in the current quarter. Waived royalties under this incentive program were $58,000 for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 and $131,000 for the first six months of fiscal 2011. All of these new buffet units began or will begin paying royalties in fiscal year 2011 or 2012.
- Subsequent to quarter end, the Company entered into an amendment to its Loan Agreement with Amegy Bank that increased the term loan facility to $2.56 million, providing additional growth capital for continued Company-owned restaurant expansion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV