THE COLONY, Texas, Feb. 9, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PIZZA INN, INC. (Nasdaq:PZZI) today reported net income of $0.4 million, or $0.05 per share, for the fiscal quarter ended December 26, 2010, versus net income of $0.4 million, or $0.05 per share, for the same quarter of the prior fiscal year on total revenue of $10.4 million for each of the fiscal quarters ended December 26, 2010 and December 27, 2009.
- Sales from Company-owned restaurants increased 20%, or $0.2 million, in the second quarter of fiscal 2011 compared to the same quarter of the prior fiscal year, primarily due to the opening of a new buffet location in Lewisville, Texas in December, 2010 and the acquisition of a delivery carryout location from a franchisee in September, 2010. The new buffet restaurant was the third such Company-owned location opened since September, 2009.
- Comparable domestic buffet restaurant sales decreased 2.2% for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 compared to the same quarter of the prior fiscal year.
- Chain-wide comparable domestic restaurant sales decreased 2.6% for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 compared to the same quarter of the prior fiscal year.
- The 0% First Year Royalty incentive program has resulted in seven buffet openings in the last six fiscal quarters, with an eighth buffet unit opened in the current quarter. Waived royalties under this incentive program were $58,000 for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 and $131,000 for the first six months of fiscal 2011. All of these new buffet units began or will begin paying royalties in fiscal year 2011 or 2012.
- Subsequent to quarter end, the Company entered into an amendment to its Loan Agreement with Amegy Bank that increased the term loan facility to $2.56 million, providing additional growth capital for continued Company-owned restaurant expansion.