SPOKANE, Wash., Feb. 9, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ambassadors Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:EPAX), a leading provider of educational travel experiences and online education research materials, today announced its results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2010.
- Ended year with $8.1 million in net income, or $0.42 diluted earnings per share in a challenging economic environment.
- 2010 gross margin of 40.8 percent on gross revenue of $162.0 million compared to 41.1 percent on gross revenue of $203.7 million in 2009.
- Operating expenses for 2010 up $2.4 million to $56.0 million from $53.6 million in 2009 as the Company drives revenue generating activities and positions for economic recovery.
- Fourth quarter results were weaker than originally anticipated, caused by additional air travel and marketing costs, lower than expected advertising revenues, and non-cash impairments of print equipment.
- Fall marketing campaign for 2011 travel season completed; continues to be positive with a 1.4 increase in overall enrolled revenue for 2011 travel programs as of February 6, 2011 compared to one year ago.
- Cash returns to shareholders continued, through both dividends and an active share buy-back program.
- Continued strong balance sheet with quality assets, no debt outstanding and adequate liquidity.
Financial Highlights( in millions except earnings per share data)
|Year ended December 31,||Quarter ended December 31,|
|Gross revenue, all travel programs||$158.9||$200.4||$9.1||$10.3|
|Internet content and advertising revenue||$3.1||$3.3||$1.0||$1.0|
|Gross margin, all travel programs||$63.4||$80.9||$3.6||$4.1|
|Gross margin, internet content and advertising||$2.7||$2.9||$0.8||$0.9|
|Net income (loss)||$8.1||$20.3||$ (6.7)||$ (6.1)|
|Diluted earnings per share||$0.42||$1.05||$ (0.36)||$(0.32)|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV