Himax Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2010 Financial Results
- 2010 Earnings per ADS of 19 cents
- Positive on 2011 outlook with strong growth in small/medium and non-driver products
- Expects to commence the planned TDR listing in 2011
TAINAN, Taiwan, Feb. 9, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Himax Technologies, Inc. ("Himax" or "Company") (Nasdaq:HIMX) today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2010.
For the fourth quarter of 2010, Himax reported net revenues of $141.2 million, representing a 21.0% decrease from $178.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2009, and a 2.1% increase from $138.3 million in the third quarter of 2010. Gross margin was 21.5% in the fourth quarter of 2010, up 150 basis points year-over-year and down 140 basis points, sequentially. Operating income in the fourth quarter was $12.9 million, compared to $13.1 million for the same period last year and operating loss of $0.7 million in the previous quarter.
Net income attributable to Himax stockholders for the fourth quarter of 2010 was $11.7 million or $0.066 per diluted ADS, up from $11.0 million or $0.061 per diluted ADS in the fourth quarter of 2009, and up from $0.4 million or $0.003 per diluted ADS in the third quarter of 2010.Excluding share-based compensation and acquisition-related charges, non-GAAP operating income for the fourth quarter of 2010 was $14.5 million, down from $15.4 million in the same period last year, and up from $7.3 million in the previous quarter. Non-GAAP net income attributable to Himax stockholders for the fourth quarter of 2010 was $13.0 million or $0.073 per diluted ADS, up from $12.6 million or $0.069 per diluted ADS in the fourth quarter of 2009, and up from $7.0 million or $0.040 per diluted ADS in the third quarter of 2010. Reconciliation of gross margin, operating margin (loss), net margin and diluted EPS excluding share-based compensation and acquisition-related charges, a non-GAAP financial measure, to GAAP gross margin, GAAP operating margin (loss), GAAP net margin and diluted GAAP EPS, most comparable GAAP figure, is set out in the attached reconciliation schedule.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV