DCT reported that same-store net operating income, or income at properties owned at least one year, declined 6.7% on a cash basis year-over-year.
DCT, which was recently listed among the 10 Top Buy-Rated Real Estate Stocks for 2011 , was upgraded to neutral from underweight last month and its stock price was set at $5, by analysts at JPMorgan Chase.
At that time, JPMorgan analyst Anthony Paolone cited his view that DCT's stock price offered relatively "decent" value to investors for the upgrade. He added that the company's "economically leveraged properties such as industrial should see more of a benefit as the recovery continues to unfold."
Keefe, Bruyette & Woods's Sheila McGrath recently highlighted DCT as one of her top REIT picks, saying that "although the company will continue to be negatively impacted by weak economy, it has the balance sheet strength to navigate through this challenging market and emerge as a beneficiary with external growth opportunities over the next several years."McGrath said DCT's occupancy rate remains below stability "which we believe should allow for more potential upside as markets recover." McGrath also said that "DCT's internal growth profile can surprise on the upside by driving occupancy and acquisition opportunities are starting to emerge." -- Written by Miriam Marcus Reimer in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Miriam Reimer. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/miriamsmarket. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV