NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- With political unrest continuing across the Middle East and North Africa, a crucial entry point to the Suez Canal remains under siege as Somali pirates continue to land big game in the waters off the coast of Somalia.
On Wednesday, a gang of pirates hijacked a supertanker carrying a reported $200 million worth of crude oil. Called the Irene SL, the tanker has a crew of 25 and is owned by a private Greek shipping concern, First Navigation Special Maritime Enterprises. It was on its way to the Gulf of Mexico.
Despite a number of successful anti-pirate counterattacks over the last year by naval forces patrolling the region, piracy off Somalia hasn't abated. The Irene was the second supertanker nabbed by suspected Somali pirates in as many days.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV