ProShares UltraShort 20+ Year Treasury ETF (TBT)
If long-term Treasury bond prices keep sliding, Lydon advises investors to check out the ProShares UltraShort 20+ Year Treasury ETF. This ETF seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to twice the inverse (think opposite) of the daily performance of the Barclays Capital 20+ Year U.S. Treasury Bond Index. It invests the rest of the assets in money-market instruments.
"Joblessness is coming down, economic reports are showing progress and investors are returning to the markets. All this recovery means the Fed will raise rates at some point and when that happens, long-term bond prices will fall while yields rise, and that will propel TBT higher," says Lydon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV