NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The spike in long-term U.S. Treasury yields has many investors believing the bond bubble has finally popped. But there's still money to be made in bonds and bond ETFs.
TheStreet searched for the best bond ETF ideas with Tom Lydon, editor of ETF Trends, and Christian Magoon, CEO of Magoon Capital.
SPDR Barclays Capital High Yield Bond ETF (JNK)
High-yield, or junk, bonds are a good place to find steady yield during a low-interest-rate environment. Lydon says the SPDR Barclays Capital High Yield Bond ETF is a good place for investors seeking those elevated yields, provided they can handle the extra risk. The fund normally invests at least 80% of total assets in securities that comprise its benchmark index. At last check, the yield on JNK was 9.7%."Now is a great time for corporations because liquidity is returning to the markets, default rates are dropping and they are sitting on nearly $2 trillion in cash. An improving environment coupled with yields that remain handsome make high-yield corporate debt an appealing destination if you don't mind the risks," says Lydon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV