3. American Tower (AMT), a holding company, owns, operates, and develops wireless communications and broadcast towers.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the company to report earnings of 22 cents per share for 2010 fourth quarter, compared to earnings of 16 cents per share in the year-ago period. Analysts foresee the company reporting earnings per share of 94 cents for 2010, $1.09 for 2011 and $1.44 for 2012, up from earnings of 59 cents per share reported for 2009.
The stock surged around 31% during the past year, whereas WPCS International (WPCS) and Crown Castle International returned around -8% and 26%, respectively.
Of the 23 analysts covering American Tower, 18 recommend buying, 4 suggest holding and 1 rates selling. The stock's average price target is $59.3, 9% above current level, based on analysts surveyed by Bloomberg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV