10. China's KongZhong (KONG) is a mobile Internet company delivering value-added services through multiple technology platforms.For 2010 third quarter, revenue increased 7% year-over-year to $37.7 million, above the company's guidance range of $35 million-$36 million. Similarly, gross profit of $15.6 million for the quarter surpassed the guidance of $14.5 million-$15.5 million. Commenting on the results, the KongZhong's chairman and CEO, Leilei Wang said in a press release, "Against a more stable Wireless value-added services (WVAS) environment, KongZhong continued to make long-term investments to become a diversified digital entertainment player in the mainland China market. In 3Q, we streamlined our Wireless internet service (WIS) and WVAS business to more efficiently address the coming consolidation we foresee in the China WVAS market, we continued to lead the mobile game market and we made significant progress in our Internet game strategy to develop a robust and differentiated online game pipeline for 2011."
10 Top-Rated Telecom Stocks
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.