3. Trina Solar (TSL) is a China-based integrated solar-power products manufacturer with global distribution networks across Europe, North America and Asia. It is engaged in the production of monocrystalline photovoltaic (PV) modules. The stock accumulated 8.8% during the past one month.
Of the 32 analysts covering the stock, 84% recommend a buy while 6% suggest a hold. On an average, analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to increase by 24.2% in the upcoming 12 months.
For the third quarter, sales doubled to $508.3 million and profit surged 108% to $82.9 million, on booming demand from Germany. Trina plans to invest $800 million to develop a solar PV park in China in the next three years, boosting its manufacturing and research and development competence.
Trina's CEO expects oversupply in the near term following capacity expansion in 2010. He foresees a 30% year-over-year incremental demand growth for polysilicon products in 2011. For 2010, Trina's aggregate shipments were 930-940 megawatts, a stellar 135.6% increase from 2009, almost close to its output capacity for 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV