4. TIM Participacoes (TSU) is a Brazil-based mobile telecommunications service provider using global system for mobile communication technology (GSM). The stock rose 11% during the past one month.
Of the 12 analysts covering the stock, 83% recommend a buy while the remaining suggest a hold. On average, analysts polled by Bloomberg see the stock gaining 9% in the upcoming 12 months.
For 2010, Tim occupied the third place with a 25.1% market share in Brazilian mobile phone subscriptions. The mobile telephony market expanded 16.7%, compared to the previous year. Vivo Participacoes (VIV) and Claro, a subsidiary of Mexico-based America Movil SAB (AMX), stood at the first and second position with a market share of 29.7% and 25.4%, respectively.
Analysts at BTIG Research estimate that for the fourth quarter the telecom service provider will record 3.6 million net additions, led by its popular calling plans. Heading into 2011, the company's EBITDA growth is likely to more than double to above 20%, led by market share gains and additional growth in the wireless data segment. TIM sees record 7.1 million net additions to its subscriber base next year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV