5. Baidu.com (BIDU), is a Chinese language Internet search engine operating in China through its wholly owned subsidiary Baidu Online Network Technology (Beijing). The stock gained 11.2% during the past one month.
Of the 30 analysts covering the stock, 77% recommend a buy while 17% suggest a hold. On average, analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain 8.9% in the upcoming 12 months.
For the fourth quarter, net profit tripled to $175.9 million, compared to $62.7 million a year ago. Revenue doubled to $371.3 million, topping analysts' estimates. Notably, during the quarter active advertisers soared 24% with the addition of 4,000 new advertisers during the period. For the fourth quarter, the company accounted for 75.5% of the search engine market in China worth $585 million.
Baidu expects total revenue for 2011 first quarter to range between $360.6 million and $371.2, ahead of street estimates, anticipating incremental advertiser spending and new Internet trends such as social networking in China. During the first quarter of 2011, Baidu is planning an aggressive marketing campaign to increase search awareness and also focus on investments in server networks and offices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV