7. China's Sina (SINA) is an online media company and mobile value-added service (MVAS) provider operating through five business lines which provide an array of internet-related services. The stock gained 19.5% during the past one month.
Sina rallied largely on speculation of Baidu.com (BIDU) and Alibaba.com investing in its micro blogging website Weibo. Recent reports revealed that the companies plan to invest $100 million in Weibo. Leading mobile phone maker Nokia (NOK) has signed agreements with Sina and Tencent to integrate their services with Nokia's Ovi maps in China during the first quarter of 2011.
The company recently announced its decision to foray into the online payment gateway through the launch of its own online payment tool. As the deadline for obtaining permit for online payment solution is September 2011, Sina intends to apply for the license to launch its operations. The service will support the company's group purchase discount service.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV