9. Sohu.com (SOHU - Get Report) is a China-based Internet company providing news, information, entertainment and communication services. The company derives revenue from online advertising, games and wireless business. The stock accumulated 24.3% during the past one month.
For the fourth quarter ending December 31, 2010, Sohu reported 40.8% surge in earnings per share to $1.07, compared to the year-ago quarter. Meanwhile, revenue for the quarter rose 27% to $173.2 million with online game revenue growing at 30%, brand advertising revenue increasing 31% and overseas licensing revenue climbing 7%.
Looking ahead, Sohu estimates total revenue to come in the range of $164.5 to $169.5 million, beating analysts' estimates. Revenue from Changyou is expected between $92 and $95 million. Sohu is seen benefiting from its strong advertising segment. Year-over-year increase in brand advertising is projected at 39% to 44%. Earnings per share are likely to come in between $1.03 and $1.08.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts