Amtech Reports First Quarter Fiscal 2011 Record Revenue Of $54 Million; EPS Of $0.52
Amtech Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: ASYS), a global supplier of production and automation systems and related supplies for the manufacture of solar cells, semiconductors, and silicon wafers, today reported record financial results for its fiscal 2011 first quarter ended December 31, 2010.
First Quarter Financial Highlights:
- Record net revenue of $53.7 million, up 18% sequentially from $45.4 million in Q4 2010
- Record solar revenue of $45.9 million, up 19% sequentially from $38.6 million in Q4 2010
- Record quarterly bookings of $137 million ($127 million solar), up 176% sequentially from $50 million ($41 million solar) in Q4 2010
- Record quarter-end backlog of $173 million ($162 million solar), up 83% sequentially from $94 million ($85 million solar) at September 30, 2010
- Gross margin of 36%, compared to 39% sequentially
- Operating income of $8.4 million, compared to operating income of $8.9 million sequentially
- Net income of $5.0 million, or $0.52 per diluted share, compared to net income of $5.4 million, or $0.58 per diluted share, sequentially
- First quarter book-to-bill of 2.3:1 (Solar 2.5:1, Semi 1.2:1)
- Ending unrestricted cash of $53.2 million at December 31, 2010, compared to $56.8 million at September 30, 2010
J.S. Whang, Chief Executive Officer of Amtech, commented: “We are pleased to report another very strong quarter including record revenue and bookings. The strong order momentum we continue to generate for our solar diffusion systems reflects our continued success in expanding with existing customers and attracting new top-tier customers. We continue to see a healthy business pipeline, ending the quarter with record orders and backlog.
“Our recently announced agreement to acquire a China-based ion implant technology company demonstrates our commitment to technology leadership in meeting the increasing demand for higher cell efficiency. As a result of the acquisition, we will immediately establish a technology beachhead in a strategically key region of the world, will increase our technology expertise, and lay the foundation for future opportunities for our solar business. We believe this acquisition will complement and protect our core solar diffusion expertise and leadership. We remain on track to continue to produce and ship at a high volume in the March quarter, and we remain focused on successful execution of our solar growth strategy.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV