NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The Catholic Church approved a new iPhone app designed to help troubled worshippers through confession. The app, called Confession, allows Catholics to track their sins and prepare for penance.
Confession, designed by the company Little iApps in South Bend, Ind., was developed in collaboration with several priests. The $2 app was not designed to replace traditional confession, says the company, but to help users better understand their actions before going to church.
While Confession is the first app to be approved by members of the clergy, it is not the first time that the Catholic Church has embraced technology.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV