NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- MAG Silver (MVG), GoldCorp (GG), International Coal Group (ICO), Puda Coal (PUDA), Rio Tinto (RIO), Barrick Gold Corporation (ABX), Sterlite Industries (SLT), VALE (VALE), Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (SID), Gerdau (GGB) have an upside of up to 55%, based on analysts' consensus estimates of 12-month price targets.
Demand surge for commodities worldwide ensures upswings in most metal prices. Gold and silver have had a good run, delivering around 27% and 90% returns during the past one year, respectively. Besides, a revival in developed economies like the U.S., and a sustained push from emerging markets, would augur well for mining companies.
We have identified 10 mining stocks that investors can consider for the long term. The selected stocks have potential to deliver a 23% to 55% return in the next year and are from countries like the U.K., China, India, Canada, the U.S. and Brazil. The selected stocks have analysts' buy rating of at least 56%, while Sterlite, Puda and Mag Silver have 100% buy rating. These 10 stocks, on average, registered gains of around 50%-55% during the last year, and analysts foresee further upside from present levels.
The stocks are stacked in terms of upside, great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV