3. GenOn Energy (GEN) generates and wholesales electricity to investor-owned utilities, municipalities and cooperatives.Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the company to report loss of 5 cents per share for 2010 fourth quarter, compared to a loss of 71 cents per share in the year-ago period. For the full year, analysts foresee the company reporting earnings per share of 66 cents for 2010, a significant turnaround from a loss of $1.36 per share reported for 2009.
10 Utility Stocks With Upside
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.