3. GenOn Energy (GEN) generates and wholesales electricity to investor-owned utilities, municipalities and cooperatives.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the company to report loss of 5 cents per share for 2010 fourth quarter, compared to a loss of 71 cents per share in the year-ago period. For the full year, analysts foresee the company reporting earnings per share of 66 cents for 2010, a significant turnaround from a loss of $1.36 per share reported for 2009.
The stock has a 21% upside over the next 12 months with a consensus target price of $5.1, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg, whereas ALLETE (ALE), ITC Holdings (ITC), Integrys Energy Group (TEG), Calpine (CPN), and CenterPoint Energy (CNP) are likely to return around 4%, 10%, -5%, 9% and 5%, respectively.
Of the 18 analysts covering the stock, 7 recommend buying and 11 suggest holding.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV