7. York Water (YORW) is engaged in impounding, purifying, and distributing water in York Country and Adams County in Pennsylvania.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the company to report earnings of 17 cents per share during 2010 fourth quarter, compared to 16 cents per share in the year-ago period. York Water is likely to report earnings per share of 71 cents for 2010 and 76 cents for 2011, up from 64 cents reported for 2009.
The stock surged around 31% over the past one year, surpassing competitors. American Water Works, Aqua America and SJW Corp. returned around 6.0%, 4.1% and -8.2% during the same period.
Of the four analysts covering the stock, one recommends buying and three suggest holding. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to rise an average 17% over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV