9. AES Corporation (AES) acquires, develops, owns, and operates power generation plants and distribution systems in several countries.
For 2010 fourth quarter, analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the company to report earnings of 26 cents per share, up from 8 cents and 5 cents reported for the year-ago and quarter-ago periods, respectively. Analysts expect AES to report earnings per share of 85 cents for 2010, $1.18 for 2011 and $1.61 for 2012.
The stock's return-on-equity during the past 12 months was 15.8%. In comparison, Duke Energy (DUK), NRG Energy (NRG), Enersis (ENI), Dynegy (DYN), Constellation Energy (CEG) and Edenor (EDN) had ROEs of 5.1%, 13.2%, 13.4%, -33.6%, -11.9% and 4.2%, respectively.
Of the seven analysts covering the stock, five recommend buying and two rate holding. On average, analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to rise 14% over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV