1. U.S. Geothermal (HTM) develops renewable energy and is engaged in the acquisition, development and utilization of geothermal resources in Idaho and Nevada.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the company to report a loss of 1 cent per share for 2010 fourth quarter, compared to a loss of 2 cents per share in the quarter-ago period. Analysts foresee the company reporting loss per share of 9 cents for 2010 and 7 cents for 2011. Maintaining a buy rating, analysts at Jacob Securities forecast the company to break even in 2012 on cash flow generation from 11MW San Emidio Phase I, 26 MW Neal Hot Springs and 26 MW San Emidio Phase II projects.
The stock has an upside of 65% over the next 12 months with a consensus target price of $1.9, according to analysts surveyed by Bloomberg. On the other hand, Alliant Energy (LNT), NV Energy (NVE) and IDACORP (IDA) have upsides of 5%, 10% and 3%, respectively.
All six analysts covering the stock recommend buying.>To see these stocks in action, visit the 10 Utility Stocks With Upside portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV