3. Companhia Energetica de Minas Gerais (CEMIG) (CIG - Get Report) operates principally in electricity generation, transmission and distribution. Operating through its subsidiaries Gasmig and Infovias, the company distributes natural gas and is a telecommunications service provider.CEMIG's power plants have total installed capacity of around 7,000MW â¿" making it one of Brazil's largest electricity generators. In distribution, CEMIG operates the largest electricity distribution network in the region, spanning across 300,000 miles.
10 Brazilian Stocks With Upside
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.