3. Companhia Energetica de Minas Gerais (CEMIG) (CIG) operates principally in electricity generation, transmission and distribution. Operating through its subsidiaries Gasmig and Infovias, the company distributes natural gas and is a telecommunications service provider.
CEMIG's power plants have total installed capacity of around 7,000MW â¿" making it one of Brazil's largest electricity generators. In distribution, CEMIG operates the largest electricity distribution network in the region, spanning across 300,000 miles.
During 2010 third quarter, sales were 16,478 gigawatt hours, up 8% in the year-ago period. Net revenue and EBITDA for the third quarter were up 6% and 11%, respectively, beating the third quarter of 2009. Inclusion of new assets and improvement of operational efficiency improved EBITDA margins. Net income rose 90%, compared to the second quarter of 2010. The stock has gained around 22% in the last one year and is currently trading at 10.9 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV