4. Banco Bradesco (BBD) is a private sector commercial bank and is one of the top five banks in Brazil, in terms of assets.
The stock has gained 23% during the last one year and 60% of analysts covering the stock give a buy rating.
Total loan growth during the third quarter stood at 20% year-over-year. Loan growth was slower than forecasted as corporate and auto loans, accounting for two-thirds of total loans, were sluggish. However, personal loans, and SMEs grew rapidly at 50% and 27.5%, respectively.
Analysts hold a positive outlook on the stock, given its medium-term growth prospects. Earnings are expected to grow at 20-30% during 2011. Improved asset quality would also upgrade earnings profile in 2011. The bank's provision coverage stands at 122.6%, up 100 basis points from the June quarter.Tighter spreads that declined 30 basis points quarter-over-quarter plunged net interest margins (NIM) to 7.5% at the end of September. Moreover, the bank has a 25% market share in insurance premiums. Dividend yield stands at 0.9% with a capital adequacy ratio of 16.8%, as of March 2010. The stock is trading at 3 times its 2011 book.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV