5. VALE (VALE) is a metals and mining giant producing iron ore and iron ore pellets.
The proportion of bulk material sales comprising of iron ore, pellets, manganese ore, and ferroalloy, metallurgical and thermal coal increased during the third quarter. Bulk material represented 77.7% of the third quarter operating revenues, in line with 75.6% realized during the second quarter. Sales to Asia contributed 56.4% toward total third-quarter revenue, up from 48.2% in the second quarter.
The company reported record revenue, margins, earnings and cash flows during the third quarter. Operating revenue increased 110% year-over-year to $14.5 billion, while operating income and net profit surged 200% each; operating margin increased to 55.6% from 47.9% in the second quarter.
The stock has analysts' buying rating of 76% and has an upside potential of around 24% over the next year. Vale is currently trading at 7.2 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV