6. Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (SID) is an integrated steel producer in Brazil with interests in mining and logistics.
The company's efficient cost-containment strategy and lower selling and administrative expenses improved operating margins. EBITDA margin rose 43.1% during the first nine months of 2010, compared to 30% in the year-ago period.
Net sales for the first nine months were up 38%, attributable to higher domestic sales. The uncertainty in global markets has dipped the share of exports in overall revenue to around 27%, compared to 29% during the same period last year.
The stock is trading at 11.8 times its estimated 2011 earnings and consensus analysts' estimates indicate a 30-35% earnings growth during the present year. However, weaker steel prices and higher capex related to investments in a railroad and securities trading could dampen earnings, going ahead.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV