U.S. Energy Corp. Provides Update On Its Texas And Louisiana Drilling Programs
RIVERTON, Wyo., Feb. 8, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- U.S. Energy Corp. (Nasdaq:USEG) ("USE" or the "Company"), a natural resources exploration and development company with interests in oil and gas, molybdenum, geothermal, and real estate assets, is pleased to provide the following update on its oil and gas drilling initiatives in Texas and Louisiana with its partners PetroQuest Energy, L.L.C. ("PetroQuest") (NYSE:PQ), Yuma Exploration and Production Company ("Yuma"), Houston Energy, L.P. ("HE") and Southern Resources Company ("Southern").
Gulf Coast (onshore) / Texas / Louisiana
During 2010, U.S. Energy Corp.'s Louisiana and Texas wells produced an average of approximately 410 BOE/d and exited the year producing approximately 535 BOE/d. In January 2011, the Weyerhaeuser 57 #2 well operated by Yuma and located in Southern Louisiana began production at a rate of 125 BOE/D. USE has a working interest of 4.8% (3.6% net revenue interest) in the well and the greater program consisting of a 138 square mile 3-D seismic shoot. Yuma plans to produce the well for the next 60 days to evaluate production. Based on the production results from this well, Yuma may drill an additional development well at this prospect or drill another oil prospect that has been identified.Looking forward, U.S. Energy Corp. has allocated a $3.8 million budget for the region's 2011 drilling program. The Company anticipates drilling 10 gross wells (~1 net well) in 2011. The following activity is either ongoing or scheduled for the first quarter of 2011:
- The NE Delta Farms well (Southeast Louisiana - HE) spud the first week of February 2011. The well is planned to be drilled to a depth of 9,800 ft, and is targeting the 2nd Cib Carst 2A, 2B, and 2C sands, with an estimated resource potential of 1.34 MMBO and 716 MMCF. The Company has an approximate 33% Before Casing Point ("BCP") WI / 24.75% After Casing Point ("ACP") WI in the well. Dry hole drilling costs are expected to be $1.3 million on an 8/8 ths basis. The well is USE's second well located in the Delta Farms acreage block and is expected to take approximately two weeks to drill to depth, with completion initiatives to follow, if successful.
- The Bayou Bend #1 well (southeastern Texas - Southern) is expected to spud in February 2011. The well is planned to be drilled to a depth of 12,000 ft, and is targeting the Eocene EY 1-5 sands, with an estimated resource potential of 9 BCF and 300 MBO. The Company has an approximate 16.6% BCP WI / 13.5% ACP WI in the well. Drilling and completion costs are expected to be $4.6 million on an 8/8 ths basis.
- The East Felmac well (Permian Basin, HE) is expected to spud in March 2011. The well is planned to be drilled to a depth of 13,200 ft. and is targeting the Devonian and Kinderhook formations in the Permian Basin, with an estimated resource potential of 1.0 MMBO. The Company has an approximate 13.3% BCP WI / 10% ACP WI in the well. Dry hole drilling costs are expected to be $1.6 million on an 8/8 ths basis.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.