Viasystems Announces Strong Fourth Quarter 2010 Earnings
Viasystems Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:VIAS), a leading provider of complex multi-layer printed circuit boards and electro-mechanical solutions, today announced earnings for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2010.
- Earnings per basic and diluted share were $0.44 for the quarter ended December 31, 2010, on approximately 20 million average shares outstanding.
- Net sales were $243.9 million in the quarter, a year-over-year organic increase of 20.3% and a sequential decline of 6.0%.
- Operating income in the quarter was $19.6 million or 8.1% of sales.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $36.0 million or 14.8% of sales, compared with $18.6 million or 14.2% in the quarter ended December 31, 2009.
- The book-to-bill ratio in the quarter was 1.09:1.
“Our results in the final quarter of 2010 reflect sustained strength of demand for our products,” commented David M. Sindelar, Chief Executive Officer. “Orders placed on our ten factories during the fourth quarter matched our record high bookings in the immediately preceding quarter and were about 10% ahead of the same period last year. Demand for automotive end-use products continued to follow an upward trend, while demand for telecommunications end-use products remained a bit softer than I would like to see.
“Sales from the same ten factories in the fourth quarter of 2010 increased by approximately 20% year over year,” continued Sindelar, “despite temporary reductions of our available productive capacities, which contributed to the 6% sequential quarterly decline in our sales. On top of the annual fourth quarter holiday downtimes, we battled mandated downtimes for some of our Chinese capacity as a result of the government’s limitations on use of energy and water during the Asian Games. We also experienced an unexpected reduction of our Printed Circuit Boards segment capacity during the fourth quarter while we assisted a customer with an investigation of an intermittent quality problem discovered in one of their end products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV