3. Digital Realty Trust (DLR) is a real estate investment trust specializing in data centers.
Goldman is bullish on the data storage REITs due to "compelling data and cloud-driven IT demand trends coupled with lagging near-term supply growth." Digital Realty's scheduled to report fourth-quarter results Feb. 18. Its stock has climbed nearly 7% since Goldman added it to the Conviction Buy List, but still has 17% of upside potential. It is cheap relative to other REITs based on funds from operations. Its cash flow multiple of 15 reflects a 20% peer discount.
Since 2008, Digital Realty has grown sales, net income and earnings per share 29%, 30% and 61% a year, on average. Its stock delivered annualized gains of 14% over that span. Currently, 13, or 65%, of researchers advise purchasing the REIT, four say to hold and one recommends selling. The stock yields 3.9% and the distribution has grown 37% in the past 12 months. The payout has grown 20% and 15% annually, on average, over a three- and five-year span, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV