5. Citigroup (C - Get Report) is a diversified financial-services company, with retail-, commercial- and investment-banking units. The company was on the brink of bankruptcy two years ago, weighed down by subprime mortgage investments gone bad. Citigroup's stock traded for less than $1 in early 2009.
Goldman's 7 Best Financial Stocks for 2011
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.