TheStreet) -- Even a quick glimpse at the top vehicles in each of the five biggest states (population-wise) shows that regional preferences vary widely.
In California, for instance, not only is the Toyota (TM) Camry the state's favorite new car, but also every one of California's top five vehicles is an import, made by either Toyota or Honda (HMC), according to figures compiled by TrueCar.
By contrast, Texas, the second-largest state, is pickup country: the top three vehicles are pickups made by each of the Detroit Three."The differences in buyer behavior based on location can be dramatic," said TrueCar analyst Jesse Toprak, in a prepared statement. "This data shows that the car is a reflection of not just the person, but also where they live."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV